Happy Friday Lovelies!! In case you haven’t heard…today marks the first day of the Nordstrom Winter Sale! WOOHOO! Now, anyone who knows me will tell you that I’m not the greatest bargain shopper. My eye always seeks out the most expensive, non-sale item in the room. What I have mastered in the frugal department is buying my clothes off-season or at end of season sales. You may be asking… “why would I want to buy a winter coat at the end of winter?” The answer is that you are buying it steeply discounted to prep your closet for next Winter! By doing this you can buy brand name boots, coats, denim, etc. at a discounted price and be ready for that season in the year to follow, it’s kind of like meal prepping but for your closet! These sales benefit both you and the retailer as they try to make space for the new seasonal items coming in. Below are a few buying tips and some of my favorite under $50 pieces hitting the Nordstrom 40% Off Winter Sale tomorrow 2/17-2/26. Share your finds with us on Instagram, tag us: @trend_proper
WINTER SALE SHOPPING TIPS:
- Use your Nordstrom Rewards .. duh! Click the link to apply for a rewards card, if you already have one and you’re spending quite a bit make sure you make it a triple points day!
- Stock up on the basics: Coat, Uggs, Rain/Snow Boots, Long Sleeve Basic Tops
- Try everything on when it arrives before storing
- Store hanging items in a garment bag so they don’t collect dust or dirt and label them Winter 2018
- Keep the tags on! Nordstrom has a pretty good return policy, they MAY be willing to exchange or return a tagged item in its original condition if say you put it on next winter only to realize you put on a few pre-holiday lbs. If they won’t accept a return or exchange keeping the tags on will allow you to sell it for the full sale value on a buy/sell/trade group if you decide it just doesn’t fit the way it used to. (this rarely happens but better safe than sorry!)